#1 JamieLee

JamieLee

Begining Ranter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 06:53 PM

What makes a good manager?

Not all ppl who are in management positions are meant to be managers. Unfortunately we see ppl all the time put into positions they either don't deserve or cannot handle. Management is a combination of making the vision of a company a reality, giving good direction, being able to delegate, compassion,a teacher, a trainer, a team player, and throw in some humor to make it a well rounded happy working atmosphere.... And some ppl can't do that!

This is the advice I shared with Heather, she used to be one of my CSM's, where being the youngest one of the managers she was treated like she didn't know anything. She finally got fed up and left. Another manager Holli just left and transferred to another store because her vision of how ppl were to be treated (both customers and employees) are too close to Sam Walton's, and since our new store manager is hell bend on not following the visions that she is suppose to, sadly Holli left.
I already have had some examples of what not to be, and I've had some excellent examples of what a good manager is. It is weeding out one from another.
A few of the CSM's want me to take the CSM test and become one. I'm not sure if I want to. I do not want to change my values and how I conduct myself as a manager, I also do not want to get beat down by bad management above.
It bothers me to no end that customers are not put first as Sam Walton wanted it to be. I have always believed that every customer that walks through the door helps pay your paycheck, they don't walk through the door you don't get a pay check.
I also understand being short staffed and going up and beyond, I have watched us struggle through flu season in which pretty much everyone has been sick. Yesterday I worked photo lab, electronics, fabrics, women's apparel, customer service and helped set up clearance tables. I was pulled in several different directions by several managers at the same time.... Finally telling 2 of them that they were going to have to scrap it out.
Frustrated. Annoyed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2019 The Rant Page
Friends of The Rant Page Wes Kidwell Bail Bonds Firework Reviews