No replies to this topic

#1 Hamp

Hamp

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 107 posts
  • LocationDenver Colorado

Posted 10 April 2018 - 04:29 PM

This is going to be one of my long-winded rant / announcement posts. It is normally at this point I tell you to move on if you do not want to read something like this, however as this is also an announcement you may want to keep going.

Over the next year I will be removing myself from Facebook barring a dramatic shift in the policies and actions of Facebook, its management and some of its members. Since I do not see any of those things happening I expect to be out of here fully by the middle of May next year. There are some obligations I have to keep that will not allow a full pull-out until then, but once those obligations are bet I am going to make like a tree and leave. I will be reviving The Rant Page fully during the next year and hope to have TRP back to its former glory by that time. Many of you do not know about TRP, it was a website that focused on the art of ranting and debate, former members can tell you it was a great place for all viewpoints. It can be found at www.therantpage.com the site is up in its most basic form, but it is up. This ends the announcement part of the post, the rant will follow, so if you would like to leave, now would be a good time.

It is clear that this country is under an attack, the likes of which I have never seen, however (My guess is that most of you still reading are former Rant Page Members) you might remember I predicted this over 10 years ago! The anti Trump for the sake of being anti Trump crowd is unbearable, Facebook if censoring free speech, (I would love to know if this post is being censored) the anti-gun people are just looney in the manner they act. Yes Virginia, there is a legal manner in which to take way a person’s rights, and making laws is not it. So since I have a lot to say, and Facebook stands against me I will allow them to keep their cesspool of like minded people. That is not to say that if you stay here that I believe you are a part of that cesspool, but my guess is you will see that I am more right than wrong in the very near future.

As of this writing I count 155 friends on my feed. The people that make up my feed are family, former family members, friends, co-workers, former co-workers, fellow students, former fellow students and a few friends of friends, you all know where you fit. I know my friends include Conservatives, Liberals and even radicals on both sides, and I really do consider those who are not of my like mind amongst the best of my friends, I do not have to agree with you to like and respect you for who you are. That was the foundation on which I built the original Rant Page.  I know I will lose contact with a good number of you, most likely those who did not continue reading, and I will be lesser for it, but I must do what I feel is in my own best interest. The first thing I will be doing is shutting down a couple of Facebook pages I have up, ones that I do not use much. I will be logging onto Facebook only as much as I feel I need to “bump” this post to get as many of the 155 to read this as I can, and to fill my obligation for the next year. Oh that obligation is to my School and my Cohort, many study guides, tips, questions and answers are posted here on the ADU cohort Facebook page and I will need the help of my fellow students if I am going to continue. (I have a feeling most of them have stopped reading at this point, but I bet a few have kept going!)

Like I said I will be moving to a true First Amendment site, one that I have had now for over 15 years. I will be working on upgrading the site for better access and navigation, I will be contacting my host in the next few weeks to see what I can do to better facilitate the upgrade.

I will be limiting my posts from now on to just what I need to post to communicate updates on The Rant page and where I am at in my schooling. Thanks, it has been a fun ride, now to ramp it up!

“Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
― Emerson

"Everyone is entitled to my opinion."

- L. Naumann

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 The Rant Page
Friends of The Rant Page Wes Kidwell Bail Bonds Firework Reviews