#1 Elderban

Elderban

Begining Ranter

• Administrators
  • 43 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:13 AM

Ding-dong, Cap One calling.

Credit card issuer Capital One isn't shy about getting into customers' faces. The company recently sent a contract update to cardholders that makes clear it can drop by any time it pleases.

The update specifies that "we may contact you in any manner we choose" and that such contacts can include calls, emails, texts, faxes or a "personal visit."

Source: http://www.latimes.c...n#ixzz2tdaIMOcv

So glad I don't have any credit cards.

I do have a debit card, but I really don't count that as one.

• Brantblen likes this

#2 Hamp

Hamp

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 109 posts
  • LocationDenver Colorado

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:29 PM

I have one CC and it is capital one, I can tell you they meet me in person just once they will lose me as a customer forever.

“Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
― Emerson

"Everyone is entitled to my opinion."

- L. Naumann

#3 Elderban

Elderban

Begining Ranter

• Administrators
  • 43 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:40 PM

...and probably an employee as well, I am guessing, after you take them out. :)

#4 Damien

Damien

New Ranter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:21 AM

what's in my wallet?

moths

#5 JamieLee

JamieLee

Begining Ranter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:53 PM

Hmmm I have capital one and Merrick bank. I also have a care credit that covers my chiropractor visits til I'm done with them. All will be completely paid off this year, plus the car and my loan... Then I'm completely out of debt. If capital one wants to visit with me, that's fine.... Won't bother me :)

#6 Bookie61

Bookie61

Begining Ranter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:44 PM

What I have sure isn't Capital One, and after some bull**** with Citibank, they've just lost our account.

Discover and a Visa from a local bank is plenty.

#7 MzSnowleopard

MzSnowleopard

Begining Ranter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationSioux City, IA

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:43 PM

Too much is in my wallet. I have 2 cards from First Consumer National Bank. one Visa the other a Mastercard. If I had known about the "monthly balance fee' I would not have gotten either card. I couldn't even fin this fee among the small print. One card is $7 the other is $6, based on the credit limit. Any month you carry a balance you are charged this fee on the next cycle. One of their CSR tried telling me it was meant to keep down interest rates. I did NOT believe him as my cards are both at 20.15% APR. Low interest my ass. Add on a $49 annual fee and you get no chance of paying off the cards unless you close them. Which is exactly what I did.

I guarantee the items I had bought with these cards have already been paid for and the current balance is on the interest and banking fees.

The rest of my cards are in a payment plan through Care One Credit. I am so done with credit cards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2019 The Rant Page
Friends of The Rant Page Wes Kidwell Bail Bonds Firework Reviews