9 replies to this topic

#1 Hamp

Hamp

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 109 posts
  • LocationDenver Colorado

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:08 PM

A lot of questions can be answered if I just come clean, I did not want too until everything was said and done, but as life moves on some things just cannot be avoided. Life has hit me with a series of curve balls, I guess it goes back to our trip to Hawaii a year and a half ago, maybe a bit further back depending on how one looks at the situations. Let's go back to December of 2011, just for a baseline.

In December of 2011 I took in a United States Military Veteran who lived with us for 10 months. One of my brother's got married in September of 2012 and my Client was placed in Respite care (another rant for another time) for the week my family was in Florida for the event. Well my client took sick while we were away and when we returned and brought him home he was septic and passed away a week later, this hit us pretty hard.

Since I had planned on taking my wife to Hawaii for her big five-oh and another brother and his wife were joining us in November for the event I decided not to take on another client until we returned. I needed a break anyway. We went on vacation, had a great relaxing time, returned home and all hell broke loose. My father in law had a heart attack and I flew my wife to Florida 2 days after getting home from Hawaii. My daughter and I drove down 2 days after that. We were in Florida through Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years till the end of January when we all drove back home, me in my Father in Laws car towing a trailer with his stuff on it, we were bringing him back to stay with us.

Once back I needed to get back to work and took in a fantastic lady veteran who very much reminded me of my own grandmother, sweet, kind and never a harsh word to say. She passed away after 5 weeks with us. Soon after that, in April another Vet came to live with us, and two weeks after that another one joined us. The last one was never going to be happy, after getting him through some really rough patches he decided to leave us after only a month and died a week later, our other client was doing well and took care of himself most of the time.

In November of 2013 my Father in Law passed away, this was really hard on all of us not to mention the rest of the family who could not be here. While my household was grieving the loss of a father, father in law and grandfather we missed something, the client who had been with us since April, took care of himself was moving slower, not feeling as good as normal, we thought he was effected by our loss as well, we were wrong, he passed away a week after my father in law did.

The running joke in our house is that Hospice has US on speed dial.

I needed a break from 2013 and took the rest of the year off.

In February of 2014, just last month, we welcomed a new Vet into our home, while he is a great guy and if you ever want any movie trivia just ask him, he is by far the most work for me of any of the vets I have cared for in the past. This is not a bad thing nor am I complaining, just trying to set the stage here.

Along with everything I have just mentioned we have been remolding our house to give us, the family members, more privacy by adding in a bathroom and rebuilding the basement somewhat as our private area, not as public as the upstairs has become with cna's nurses and other workers coming and going.

Well as I mentioned in my Heath post I am having surgery, in the beginning of this year I started peeing blood, lots of it. after a scope, MRI and other tests they cannot find anything wrong except 4 kidney stones that are not causing me any pain, so they are going in to remove them and have a look around to see what the real problem is. This happens March 4th.

So you are all caught up right? Not quite, since the summer of 2012 I have left out one small little fact. This little fact may explain a lot of my absences from the old Rant Page, my friends that play LOTRO with me and other quirks in my personality. I have been taking online classes working to get my RN (Registered Nurse) degree. Yes, that means I am a college student and have been for some time now. What made me reviel this now? Simple, pressure. Pressure from my wife who did not want to keep this from people, pressure from my life at keeping this secret and pressure of this week in general, my daughter has state testing I need to get her too, I have surgery Tuesday, and in my most brilliant move I thought taking two lab classes this semester would be easy, I have 4 tests, 3 Labs and 6 homework assignments in Microbiology and Antinomy & Physiology all due on the 5th! Ouch.

So yea, while I was on Vacation in Hawaii I was doing homework on my computer all the while trying not to let my brother know I was doing it, the whole time I was in Florida, the same thing happened, I had homework to do and it needed to get done. Oh did I forget to mention I also Home School my daughter?

So pleas pray for my sanity in the next two weeks if you will!

Thanks.

• MzSnowleopard likes this

“Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
― Emerson

"Everyone is entitled to my opinion."

- L. Naumann

#2 JamieLee

JamieLee

Begining Ranter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:22 AM

First off, it is march 5th.... How r u? That is my most important question.

After that, I true lay see how much of a Naumann you are. Some things forth coming and chatty about and some things very private until your ready in your own time to tell.

Very proud of you for going back to school, secrets be damned I have been inquiring at work about the same. Figure that business management degree isn't going to make itself! You have a ton on your plate, don't forget to hug your children, kiss your wife and look at the sunset.

Bless your family for taking in Vets. Although they don't have forever with you, what time they have YOUR FAMILY has made precious and wonderful for them.

Your health, please take care Larry, you and all your family are my family. I miss you guys terribly. Make sure you do what the doctors say!
  • Hamp and JamieLee like this

#3 JamieLee

JamieLee

Begining Ranter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:23 AM

Typing on the iPhone, please forgive auto correct... It hates me :(

#4 Hamp

Hamp

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 109 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:53 PM

I am in a lot of pain at the moment, the surgery took a lot longer and they found a lot more than they were expecting, I will type more when I get a chance. Thanks.

“Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
― Emerson

- L. Naumann

#5 Elderban

Elderban

Begining Ranter

• Administrators
  • 43 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:28 PM

Just read this today...good that the surgery went well, and I hope everything came out ok...literally. :)

Life has been busy for me as well...lots of changes at work, so I haven't had much time to visit TRP or spend a lot of time on a computer for that matter. But, that's another post.

Let us know how things are as soon as you can! :)

#6 Anglacon

Anglacon

Begining Ranter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 06:21 PM

Hope you get better and congrats.

Nurse Larry....

better than barmaid Larry or stewardess Larry :)

#7 Hamp

Hamp

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 109 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 07:04 PM

LOL Yes it is!

Surgery Update.......

I am still in a lot of pain but I have some killer pain meds. I thought I was peeing blood before, HA! nothing like I am now! Here is what they found......In the tube that goes from the Kidney to the Bladder (called the Ureter) they found a few more stones hiding in the walls of that tube, so they dug them out and put in stints to keep everything 'flowing'. I also came home with a catheter, which I always thought would be cool, drink beer all day and never need to leave the couch (Great on Sundays during football season) I am now rethinking that, I had my wife pull it out the other night as it was plugged or something and was causing great distress, my doctor wanted to put it back in, but since I am peeing ok (other than lots of blood) he agreed to leave it out.

― Emerson

- L. Naumann

#8 Bookie61

Bookie61

Begining Ranter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:42 PM

Geez, Larry, when you go for chaos you leave no holds barred! :D

It's taken me a while to get back here, my life to has been a bit of a shambles, but I won't clog up your thread with my trash.

Good thoughts headed your way, Hamp!!!

#9 Hamp

Hamp

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 109 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:02 PM

LOL that's is true Bookie, I to tend to take things to the extreme. Feel free to plug your troubles anyplace you like!

― Emerson

- L. Naumann

#10 MzSnowleopard

MzSnowleopard

Begining Ranter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationSioux City, IA

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:32 PM

So, this is why you've been supportive, encouraging, and such with my academics? Congrats on the nursing degree. And I just know that your health will improve.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2019 The Rant Page
Friends of The Rant Page Wes Kidwell Bail Bonds Firework Reviews