#1 MzSnowleopard

MzSnowleopard

Begining Ranter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationSioux City, IA

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:36 AM

I don't have a problem when our representative take vacations on their own paychecks- but THIS kind of crap needs to STOP!!!
In a time when the majority of the nation is in financial crisis- and looking at paying more and more in taxes each year- Obama and his family throw their Extravagant vacations out there for the WORLD to see. And they claim that they understand and sympathize with the people struggling to just live? 

From Judicial Watch: Records Reveal Obamas' vacation costs:

Ireland Trip Cost Taxpayers $7,921,638.66

Hawaii, Africa reportedly cost taxpayers nearly $16 million

Vacations are one thing- this is an insult to the American people.

#2 Elderban

Elderban

Begining Ranter

• Administrators
  • 44 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:31 AM

If you dug, you would find that every President, nay every POLITICIAN, spends or spent extravagantly at the cost of the taxpayer. Obama is not the only one, nor is he the first, nor will he be the last.

Just as an example, the Bush family took a combined seven (7) trips to Africa (Bush took two, the First Lady took five) on the taxpayer's dime and Bush also spent at least $20 million taxpayer dollars just on flights alone to his ranch in Crawford. He also spent more days on vacation than any other President in history.

Not saying what Obama did was right, just pointing out that Republicans are just as bad a Democrats if, in this case, not worse.

Oh, and Judicial Watch is a conservative group, so their "articles" may be a bit biased.

#3 MzSnowleopard

MzSnowleopard

Begining Ranter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationSioux City, IA

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:07 PM

Of course they're biased, what group isn't? 

I agree that Obama is not the first, last and or only politician to do this. What I'm saying is that this practice needs to STOP. Imagine the money saved over the years of politicians stopped vacationing on tax funds.

#4 Badbear

Badbear

New Ranter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 10:42 PM

I would make a bet that, If they "all politicians' QUIT the reckless spending, we should't have to pay anything more than a small flat tax and they/we would have a surplus and no deficit. However that should of happened 50 years ago and beyond.

Maybe term limits would be a start to the problem. Just get a big broom and sweep out the trash every couple of years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2019 The Rant Page
Friends of The Rant Page Wes Kidwell Bail Bonds Firework Reviews