No replies to this topic

#1 Hamp

Hamp

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 111 posts
  • LocationDenver Colorado

Posted 11 December 2014 - 04:51 PM

Hopefully this is not the last of my rants, seems I will be abale to get back to writing more in the future.

It might come as a surprise to a few of you that I have a few very liberal friends, a few that are extremely intelligent, educated and can bring good arguments. On occasion they post something that is beneath their position in my opinion. This is one such case.

Posted to Facebook was a headline with a large red, white and black Nazi flag that read "Are You A Nazi?: A Ten Question Quiz For Conservatives." My friend posted this quiz which I found to be offensive at the start, he also did not post any comment, just the quiz which makes it well below his position. If you have read any of my rants on the old Rant Page, then you know the writer of this column has already lost the debate for bringing the true N word into conversation.  However I was curious as to how much in line I am with Nazis and took the quiz, which of course was supposed to be a simple "Yes or No" answered quiz, but the writer, a Randa Morris, remember I name names, is so devoid of historical education and full of misleading quotes and agenda driven slight it prompted me to answer in essay form. Which I posted to my friend's Facebook Page.

So the 10 questions are as follows, for time and space I omitted answering the bonus questions and such but have posted them here for you to see and maybe answer for yourself.

1. Do you oppose immigration and believe that America is for “Americans only?”

2. Do you oppose feminism, and do you believe that motherhood should be the prime role of women, in order to “strengthen the family unit?”

3. Do you support the establishment of a new system of education, which would oversee the “moral development” of children?

4. Do you believe that the economy and the government should be debt-free?

5. Do you believe that America should be “energy sufficient,” and that we should exploit natural resources, such as land and water, in order to achieve that goal? (Bonus question: Is it a good idea to put ‘fossil fuel-producing corporations,’ like fracking wells, oil rigs and garbage incinerators in economically depressed regions of the country, to stimulate economic growth and create jobs for minorities?)

6. Do you support the right of citizens to keep and bear arms? (No, Nazi’s do not support taking guns away, contrary to right wing bullshit.)

7. Do you want to do away with the separation of church and state?

8. Do you want to see the US government get involved in the “spiritual upbringing” of children?

9. Are you a true supporter of “traditional American values?” (The Nazi’s call it ‘traditional Aryan values,’ but we know what you mean.)

10. Do you believe that minorities and immigrants are a threat to the traditional United States?

Bonus points if you:

1. Oppose labor unions and want to see them outlawed.

2. Agree that there is a “war on white people” and that ‘reverse-racism’ is a real problem in the United States.

3. Believe that gays present a real threat to “traditional American values” and the “traditional American family.”

4. Hate “Communists” and are willing to apply that label to everyone you disagree with politically.

Now here are my answers to these questions.

1. Do you oppose immigration and believe that America is for “Americans only?” No, I oppose 'illegal immigration' America is a nation of immigrants that is our strength.
2. Do you oppose feminism, and do you believe that motherhood should be the prime role of women, in order to “strengthen the family unit?” No, strong women helped build this country, however motherhood can only be performed by women, so that does play a part in the role of women.
3. Do you support the establishment of a new system of education, which would oversee the “moral development” of children? Not only No, but Hell NO! Anyone who trusts the government to oversee the moral development of our children is unfit for parenthood.

4. Do you believe that the economy and the government should be debt-free? Yes, the only debt I have is my house, when that was not the case I was a slave to the loan holders. Those who carry debt are in debt to others, not themselves.
5. Do you believe that America should be “energy sufficient,” and that we should exploit natural resources, such as land and water, in order to achieve that goal? **MISLEADING QUESTION** but the answer remains the same, YES. However the word 'Exploit' is a bad or wrong term. As with any thing or person it is always best to be 'self sufficient' while accepting help when needed.
6. Do you support the right of citizens to keep and bear arms? Not only Yes but HELL YES! And the comment (No, Nazi’s do not support taking guns away, contrary to right wing bullshit.) is incorrect, in order to own a gun in Nazi Germany one had to be a member of the Nazi Party also the 1938 Nazi Weapons Act provided for the following: Classified guns for "sporting purposes". All citizens who wished to purchase firearms had to register with the Nazi officials and have a background check. Presumed German citizens were hostile and thereby exempted Nazis from the gun control law. Gave Nazis unrestricted power to decide what kinds of firearms could, or could not be owned by private persons. The types of ammunition that were legal were subject to control by bureaucrats. Juveniles under 18 years could not buy firearms and ammunition. (Which is line with LIBERAL proposals not Republican/Conservative ones.)
7. Do you want to do away with the separation of church and state? This question cannot be answered, the fact is NOTHING in the CONSTITUTION (The rules by which this country should be governened) mentions anything about separation of church and state. (Which just goes to show how full of CRAP this 'quiz' is.)
8. Do you want to see the US government get involved in the “spiritual upbringing” of children? No, this is addressed in our constitution under the First amendment which reads as follows: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
9. Are you a true supporter of “traditional American values? I am a supporter of values, define American Values (or your twisted version of it) before I answer this question.
10. Do you believe that minorities and immigrants are a threat to the traditional United States? I believe I have already answered this question in number one, I see no reason to answer a reworded version of it so you can call me names.

“Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
― Emerson

"Everyone is entitled to my opinion."

- L. Naumann

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2019 The Rant Page
Friends of The Rant Page Wes Kidwell Bail Bonds Firework Reviews