2 replies to this topic

#1 Hamp

Hamp

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 109 posts
  • LocationDenver Colorado

Posted 02 July 2015 - 04:36 PM

I have been following the "Flag" controversy with mild amusement and more than a fair share of amusement over the past week or so.  I know I have not written here in some time but I feel this issue needs to be addressed, so here are my thoughts, and for those who know me well, they are truths without sugar coating, no matter whom I might offend.

Let me define a few terns with analogy if I might. What is a Flag, a flag is a symbol, a representation of an ideal, idea, culture and the people who use that flag to represent themselves. The Swastika is a flag of hatred, intolerance and pure evil and nobody in their right mind would fly such a flag outside their home. Did you know the Swastika is a symbol of love and peace long before it was hijacked by an evil madman to represent what it does today, and is still used as such to this day by Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism?

I will bet that if I were to post a number of flags that very few of you would be able to identify the Confederate Flag also known as the Stars and Bars. Of those who could identify the Stars and Bars few of those could correctly name the flag most refer to as the Stars and Bars, if you are thinking "Sure I can, it is the Confederate Battle Flag" you would be wrong. There is a historical reason why "the Confederate Flag" sits on top of a 1969 Dodge Charger named the General Lee, that is because what many people believe to be the flag of the south, the Confederate Flag, is in all actuality the battle flag of the Army of Northern Virginia under the command of one Robert E. Lee.

So that information being freely handed out to all, I can now debunk what most think is a flag of hatred and intolerance of people of African Heritage. Can anyone tell me the source of this quote? " There are few, I believe, in this enlightened age, who will not acknowledge that slavery as an institution is a moral and political evil. It is idle to expatiate on its disadvantages. I think it is a greater evil to the white than to the colored race.." Clearly the author of this quote stands firmly against racism and slavery, knows of the evil it presents and even admits it harms whites who cling to this ideology. This man who once owned slaves himself so adamantly believed what he wrote that 10 years before the civil war he freed all his slaves. The author of this quote is best reviled by one of those slaves he freed. " I was raised by one of the greatest men in the world. There was never one born of a woman greater than Gen. Robert E. Lee, according to my judgment. All of his servants were set free ten years before the war, but all remained on the plantation until after the surrender."-Rev. William Mack Lee Body servant to Robert E Lee

Think about that a while......

“Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
― Emerson

"Everyone is entitled to my opinion."

- L. Naumann

#2 Elderban

Elderban

Begining Ranter

• Administrators
  • 43 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 02 July 2015 - 04:51 PM

Would you fly the Swastika?

#3 Hamp

Hamp

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 109 posts
  • LocationDenver Colorado

Posted 02 July 2015 - 09:00 PM

No

“Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
― Emerson

"Everyone is entitled to my opinion."

- L. Naumann

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2019 The Rant Page
Friends of The Rant Page Wes Kidwell Bail Bonds Firework Reviews