Hamp

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 109 posts
  • LocationDenver Colorado

Posted 23 March 2016 - 07:24 PM

Terrorism the world over.

(Summery)

Aurora Colorado, a lone gunman walks into a crowded movie theater and shoots down 12 people in cold blood, wounding 70 more. Jury convicts the killer but cannot reach a unanimous decision on whether to use the death penalty or not, so he is sentenced to 12 life sentences and 3,318 years for the 70 counts of attempted murder and rigging his apartment to explode possibly killing even more people. He is not eligible for parole.

San Bernardino California, Two gunmen entered the Inland Regional Center and killed 14 people and injured 17 others. The two suspects were tracked down and killed in a gun battle with law enforcement.

Paris France, in six locations involving at least 8 terrorists 128 innocent people were killed on a November night when many Parisians were celebrating a football (soccer) match between France and Germany. The 8 terrorists used a combination of guns and suicide bombs to carry out this act and each of the 8 are now dead, it is unclear how many terrorists were involved in total.

(Social Implications)

The implications each of these acts are far reaching, not to just the families involved but to the world as a community. With our technological advancements we now hear about events from around the world before the events have had a chance to play themselves out. No more are the days of ‘well that does not concern me’ as we get to see and feel on these events as they unfold. These actions not only work to harm the families of those involved, nor are they just localized to the community in which they happen. In fact these actions were meant to cause fear the world over. The Aurora gunman did not want to just terrorize the people in a movie theater nor was his intent to put feat into the local community, we wanted to terrorize the world. The gunmen who terrorized San Bernardino California did not do it to just terrorize that local community, they did it to spread the fear that radical Islamic terrorists can strike any place at any time they choose. It was not just a message to San Bernardino California, it was a message for the world. In Paris the message to that effect was even more poignant adding to that message that not only can they hit any target, they can hit many targets in a well-coordinated attack and there is little anyone can do about it.

(Personal Voice)

You may have noticed that I left out the names of those who committed these terrible crimes, I did so on purpose and with intent. I will not give voice to those who wish to gain infamy or spread a corrupt message to the world by using their names, this is a decision I made many years ago when I ran my opinion website The Rant Page, I continue that to this day. I know their names, I will not forget their names but I refuse to use them as I believe that doing so is wrong. In this same vein I will not fall into the trap of giving up personal freedoms and rights for security, as Ben Franklin once said “Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” (Nov 11 1755) The call for more restrictive gun control laws are heard right after each of these events, so much so that some conspiracy theorists believe they are staged to promote that end. That idea too is absurd but I understand the feeling behind it. Terrorists in my opinion respect only one thing, strength, if we are hit we need to hit back harder, if we get hit and weaken our resolve then we only embolden those who would commit such crimes.

“Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
― Emerson

"Everyone is entitled to my opinion."

- L. Naumann

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2019 The Rant Page
Friends of The Rant Page Wes Kidwell Bail Bonds Firework Reviews