1 reply to this topic

#1 Hamp

Hamp

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 107 posts
  • LocationDenver Colorado

Posted 26 April 2016 - 05:18 PM

I have never been one to gush over entertainers, or those I like to call 'Highly Paid Trained Monkeys' However I have in the past tipped my hat to a very select few entertainers I thought worthy of note, two such people I have nodded too in the past are Bob Hope and George Burns. Today I will drop a mother load and they all have one small thing in common, they all died this year, 2016.

I will start with the tipping point, the straw that broke the camel's back so to speak. I was not that big of a fan of the artist known as, formally known as and reknown as Prince however I do not need to be a fan to know that this man was filled with talent and shared that talent with other artists as well as the rest of us.  Music lost a lot of people this year, many I was a fan of such as Glen Frey, Keith Emerson  and David Bowie, also lost this year.  Rock stars were not the only ones lost this year country music superstar Merle Haggard, comedian Gary Shandling, producer (Beatles) George Martin, Classy First Lady Nancy Reagan, Author Harper Lee (To Kill a Mockingbird), Earth Wind and Fire frontman Maurice White, Grizzly Adams' Dan Haggerty, and my youngest daughter's favorite good-guy/villian Alan Rickman (Prof. Snape).

It must be noted this is just a very short list of those we lost, many more have past this year but the ones above had more impact than others on me personally. There is however one more person that past away this year that I would like to mention, and I feel he diserves to be set apart from all the rest. He was once quoted as saying "Clinton's a schmuck." Oh Sorry that was not the quote I was looking for (Yes he did say that as well) Ok here it is "I'm not dead yet, you pinhead!" during a David Letterman skit. The man I am speaking of is of course Abe Vigoda. He had a great sense of humor about his appearing to be older than he was and is quite possibly the man who has most wrongly been proclaimed dead. At one time the web browser has an app that did nothing more than report the living/dead status of Abe. There was also a website that did the very same thing, however we did lose him in January of this year.

Also I want to point out as of this writing it is only April of 2016, if you are a famous Rock Star or Actor and are not feeling well, get to your Doctor right away!

“Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
― Emerson

"Everyone is entitled to my opinion."

- L. Naumann

#2 JamieLee

JamieLee

Begining Ranter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 08:10 PM

So many artists are on my bucket list are falling off and it hurts my heart. I am a fan of Prince, but more so of how he lived his life. His love for music and writing for other artists was amazing. He kicked Kim Kardashian off the stage once... I will love him forever for that alone!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 The Rant Page
Friends of The Rant Page Wes Kidwell Bail Bonds Firework Reviews