#1 Hamp

Hamp

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 107 posts
  • LocationDenver Colorado

Posted 08 October 2017 - 09:12 PM

The end of the NFL

I started to think about this issue a few weeks ago and even posted my initial thoughts about it a week or so ago. I still have not had any NFL games on in my home, I could not tell you the record of the Miami Dolphins, I really just do not care.  That got me thinking, are the protests against the National Anthem really the cause of my distain of the NFL? I am beginning to think that while the current protests were the straw that broke the proverbial camel’s back it is in fact not the main catalyst. I think that I have been looking for ‘the’ excuse to turn the NFL off for a while and this current fiasco was just the excuse I have been looking for.

What do you think of when I mention the name……Michael Vick? How about Ray Rice? Oh how about Aaron Hernandez? Did you cringe? Lets look at a few numbers, From October 2016-today 7 players have been arrested for DUI, 6 for assault, 6 for drugs, 4 for domestic violence and 3 for disorderly conduct. As of October 8th it has been 13 days without an arrest in the NFL, the record is 65 days and the average is 7. The 2017 season was a good season as arrests go with only 33 arrests, 2006 had 71!

When you look back most of these players payed a fraction of what you or I would have in fines or jail time. Yet they want to be held up as role models or someone to be idolized, I think not. Yeah I think I have been looking for a reason to walk away for a while, I am not sure I am ever coming back…..

• MzSnowleopard likes this

“Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
― Emerson

"Everyone is entitled to my opinion."

- L. Naumann

#2 MzSnowleopard

MzSnowleopard

Begining Ranter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationSioux City, IA

Posted 19 October 2017 - 02:44 AM

I left football a long time ago- they get paid the big bucks, insanely BIG BUCKS- and what do they do with it? nice houses and vehicles aside, and some brag about buying mom a nice house too. That's all good and well but then some waste the rest- booze, gambling, women. parties, etc. That insane about of money goes right to their heads and egos. It's the same problem in baseball. I left this game back during the strike by the players who felt they weren't getting paid enough. Fortunately, they can't do what Congress does and vote themselves a pay raise. We can at least be thankful for this.

Perhaps it's time these wannabe heroes and idles were knocked off their ego-centric pedestals and were reminded that the world does not exist, that society does not move because of them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 The Rant Page
Friends of The Rant Page Wes Kidwell Bail Bonds Firework Reviews